A project for increasing cooperation between clusters and networks in Central and Eastern Europe.
This project aimed to increase the cooperation between clusters and networks in Central and Eastern Europe. The CEE Cluster Network focuses on linking the eleven partner regions/countries, whose innovation policies focus on cluster and network policy using an INNO-Net. The main objective was to find coherence in the different regional cluster policy implementation methodologies and to shape a common policy by defining common strategic issues, strategies and programmes.
Joint Quality Guidelines were prepared, cross border networks of key innovation and CEE actors were created, common issues and needs of SMEs and governments (within all participating regions) were investigated and presented in a “Cluster Memorandum” expressing the intention of coherent innovation policy development. Linkages with existing and planned European innovation programs and initiatives of CEE initiatives were identified and innovation cluster operational programs were designed for joint trans-regional projects. Regional and national level innovation, cluster initiatives and support programs were analyzed.
In Slovenia, a capacity building on policy development on the regional level was provided.
- Analyzing existing innovation and cluster initiatives and programs.
- Mapping of relationships and linkages among regional stakeholders.
- Needs identification and identification and assessment of potential for international cooperation.
- Identification of fields / industrial sectors / clusters with strong potential for collaboration and elaboration of pilot actions.
- Support in drafting of agreement of CEE Cluster Network partners.
Client: European Commission
Date: 2006 – 2008