Setting up a comprehensive clusters‘ policy to contribute to achieving a sustainable economic, social and environmental development in Turkey.
This project was designed to set up a comprehensive Clusters’ policy to contribute to achieving a sustainable economic, social and environmental development in Turkey.
Development of the Clustering Policy Project was launched to form a base for the national clusters’ policy by supporting the competitive sectors in the country and to contribute to the development of a competitive structure in order to ensure a sustainable increase in export rates.
- competitiveness assessment of selected clusters, mapping of clusters, value chains, and relationships between stakeholders
- sector and sub-sector studies (growth potential, opportunities for FDI)
- analysis of the business environment, existing programs, initiatives
- policy design, strategy development and elaboration of initiatives aiming at improving competitiveness institutional strengthening (training courses and on-the-job training)
- organization and implementation of study visits and promotion missions
- analysis of existing support mechanisms, policy tools and instruments and the design of new tools
- analysis of institutions and recommend structural changes
- designing and conducting stakeholder analysis, training needs assessment, developing the curriculum and delivering training
- evaluation of pilot clusters
- direct assistance to SMEs and institutions on developing cluster road maps
The project was financed by the EU funds with a budget of 6 Million Euros within the scope of the EU Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance.
Client: European Commission
Date: 2007 – 2009