Strengthening the competitiveness of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises at the border area between Slovenia and Italy through innovation and collaborative entrepreneurship.
The iCon project was aimed at strengthening the competitiveness of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in the border area between Slovenia and Italy. The main purpose of the project was the integration of SMEs, business support organizations and other business actors by the transfer of knowledge and technology, promotion of innovation and development of common services. This led to the improvement of the cooperation and performance of the SMEs in the border area, increasing the awareness and interest for investing in the border area.
- capacity-building and training for innovation and business support organizations to train them on tools and approaches for innovation and technology policy , clustering and cross-border networking
- strategic advice for establishment of regional network of clusters and other networks
- strategy and action plan preparation; guidelines for iCON Business Networks
- revision of 8 network strategy papers and actions in order to ascertain if they support the successful and sustainable development of the networks
- set up monitoring concept of iCON Business Networks
- guidelines for sustainable development of iCON networks.
Date: 2011 – 2014